Short Term Courses, Conferences and Industry Liaison
The School offers short duration programmes for practising managers in various functional areas. The purpose of such programmes is to provide an opportunity to executives to update their knowledge in their fields of expertise and also to help them acquire the knowledge, skills and attitude required to function in other areas where they may not have had any previous exposure. Management development programmes (MDPs) are offered at Kharagpur and in other cities in India. Specially customized programmes are also offered on request from specific organizations. Faculty members gain valuable experience through teaching in such MDPs, which is then used to enhance the quality of teaching in the MBA Programme.
- MDP on Supply Chain Management (Dec 10 - 13, 2009)
- MDP on Purchasing & Outsourcing for Competitive Advantage (Nov 27 - Nov 29, 2009)
- AICTE SPONSORED QIP SHORT-TERM COURSE ON FINANCIAL MARKETS & INSTITUTIONS (June 29-July 4, 2009)
- A Management Development Programme for middle level managers of companies in Bangladesh sponsored by Royal Danish Embassy, Dhaka.
- A Management Development Programme on Strategic Management for Senior Executives of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited at HP- Management Development Institute, Nigdi, Pune
- A Management Development Programme on 7 QC Tools for Managers of Tata Metaliks ( July 14- 15.2001).
- Prof. P. K. Ray, Co-ordinator, Summer Programme on Advanced Manufacturing Module 4: Quality Engineering June -21-27, 2001 at IIT, Kharagpur.
- Workshop cum Seminar on "Total Quality Management -Problems and Remedies", August 21-22, 2000 by Prof. K. Vizayakumar.
- QIP Short Term Course on "Technology Management" Apri123 -May 4, by Prof. K Vizayakumar. 2001.
- D. Suar & M K Mandal co-ordinated the Institute's programme on "Small Industries Management", 5 March -8 June, 2001.
- M B Sharan & D. Suar co-ordinated a training programme on "Interpersonal Skills' held at IIT Kharagpur from October 18 to 21, 2000.
- Integrated Perspective on Functional Areas of Management.
- Management Concepts and Technologies for Small Scale Industry.
- Small Industries Management Assistant Programme (SIMAP), conducted by IIT Kharagpur and sponsored by SIDBI, February 7 to May 12, 2000.
- A short-term course on Performance Evaluation and Appraisal at IIT Kharagpur from November 1-5, 1999, sponsored by DPOT, Govt. of India.
- Roy, Anjali organized "Communication Skills: An Introduction", September'98, IIT Kharagpur.
- Srivastava, K B L organized an AICTE sponsored short-term course entitled "Recent Trends in Human Resource Development" from Dec. 21 to 26, 1998.
- Sharan, M. B. and Suar, D. - co-ordinated a Training Programme on Interpersonal Skills held at IIT. Kharagpur from October 12 to 15, 1998.
- IME had organised short term course on. "Enterprise Resource Planning"